We work closely with local Walgreens, CVS, and independent pharmacies to supply our patients with the most effective and cost efficient medications and supplies.
If you are traveling to San Francisco and you need any medical supplies or referrals please contact our office — 24/7/365 we are on call. Same day appointments available.
For international travelers and airline crew members, any needed medical supplies can be dispensed from our office or nearby pharmacies. For all over-the-counter medicines we have many pharmacies nearby, and are happy to make pharmacy recommendations.
We can prescribe all travel-related medications (high altitude, jet lag, infections, preventive conditions, immunizations and more).
Examples of Over-the-Counter Travel Medical Supplies:
- Sleep apnea supplies
- Antidiarrheal medication (for example, bismuth subsalicylate, loperamide)
- Decongestant, alone or in combination with antihistamine
- Anti-motion sickness medication
- Medicine for pain or fever (such as acetaminophen, aspirin, or ibuprofen)
- Mild laxative
- Cough suppressant/expectorant
- Anti-fungal and antibacterial ointments or creams
- 1% hydrocortisone cream
Other Important Traveler Medical Items: Supplies to Prevent Illness or Injury
- Insect repellent containing DEET (30%-50%) or picaridin (up to 15%)
- Sunscreen (preferably SPF 15 or greater) that has both UVA and UVB protection
- Antibacterial hand wipes or alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol
- Lubricating eye drops
- First-aid supplies
- First aid quick reference card
- Basic first-aid items (bandages, gauze, ace bandage, antiseptic, tweezers, scissors, cotton-tipped applicators)
- Moleskin for blisters
- Aloe gel for sunburns
- Digital thermometer
- Oral rehydration solution packets
- Health insurance card (either your regular plan or supplemental travel health insurance plan) and copies of claim forms
- Mild sedative or other sleep aid
- Medicine to prevent altitude sickness
The Most Important Item of Preparation Before You Travel Abroad
While the items above are important to ensure a safe trip, perhaps the most important preventative measure you can take before traveling overseas is to get all of the required travel vaccinations for the region or regions you’re visiting!
Dr. Savage is extremely knowledgable as to which vaccines are required for travel around the world. Get in touch today!